Exchange Homes

 If you have an Assured or Secure Tenancy, you can swap your home with another tenant with one of these types of tenancy. This is your right to mutual exchange. Shelter defines clearly what a mutual exchange is.

To try and swap you need to register at

Once you have found someone to swap with, you will both need to apply for permission and complete a mutual exchange form. Contact us and we will send you a mutual exchange form to complete.

You cannot swap until you have permission in writing from us. We have six weeks to consider your application.