There are many things to consider when you're getting ready to buy your home. This includes thinking about what your budget is and calculating your mortgage. Below is a handy list to help you on your way.
Things to do before you buy
1. Think about your budget.
2. Register with an estate agent.
3. Take into account what's important to you when you begin your search. For example: travel, distance to work, local connections, school, social activities and parking.
4. Choose a solicitor.
5. Get a mortgage in principle agreed with a bank or building society.
Things to do when you have your house
1. Think about removals - how will you move your possessions?
2. Remember to redirect your post to your new address.
3. Update any important documents. For example: bank accounts and driver's license.
4. Consider other household costs you will need to cover. For example: utilities, council tax and service charges (if the property is leasehold).