24 January 2019
An outline planning application to transform and regenerate the Yorke Drive estate in Newark has now been submitted.
Everyone who lives, works or is involved in some way with the Yorke Drive estate has had the opportunity to get involved and this will continue throughout the proposed regeneration scheme.
The broad vision of the scheme includes:
• Building up to 325 new mixed tenure homes, to modern space standards, for rent and sale.
• Undertaking selective demolition and redevelopment of parts of the existing Yorke Drive estate.
• Raising money for new rented homes and improvements to the whole estate.
• A safe, multi-functional park providing improved sports and leisure facilities for all.
• Improving road access and the road network in the area.
• Making the whole area a better and safer place to live.
• A new frontage and new access to create a new “front door” to the estate on Lincoln Road.
For the latest information, please visit: https://www.newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk/housing/yorkedrivefocus/.